Productivity in the home office
- COVID-19 brings productivity losses of up to 50 percent.
- Productivity is highest in the home office.
- Mixed home office constellation in COVID-19 crisis as productivity killer. Common causes:
- Unclear regulations and guidelines for security behavior in the company
- Strong uncertainty due to pressure of presence
- Permanent, non-communicated changes
- Availability of workstations (e.g. ensuring digital interfaces, disinfection
- Home office on the rise – every second German office worker would like to work from home in the future
- Left alone: Less than 5 percent of the respondents did get any advice or support regarding their home office equipment from their company – in Germany (3 percent) and in the US (1 percent)
Before COVID-19, only about 10 percent of office workers had the option to work from home. Today, every second person works regularly from home.
A recent study by the TU-Darmstadt shows that less than 5 percent of office workers receive advice or even financial support from their company to set up their home office. This results in productivity losses of up to 40 percent.
This is exactly where COMFURNACY HO+ comes in. It certifies office elements and offers innovative and at the same time ergonomic approaches for the home office.
Curious? Please find more information below.
focuses on the nine COMFURNACY dimensions and four further important dimensions.
These dimensions have been identified in surveys in Germany and the USA:
- Integration into the home office
- Flexibility of use into the home office
- High quality
- Affordable price
© Stock-Homburg 2020 / Online survey of NUSA = 293 office workers in the USA; NGER = 165 office workers in Germany
Category 1: “Office Chairs”
Category 2: “Office Tables”
Category 3: “Lounge Elements”
leap in time
As a research institute, leap in time is concerned with a holistic approach to the future of the world of work. We are your competent partner for questions concerning the future of the world of work and advise you on the necessary change processes. Furthermore, we support you in training your management team in Leadership 2030.
In close cooperation with international scientists and renowned companies, we have developed the Future Work Navigator as a strategic approach for companies that want to systematically assess and increase their future viability.