The COMFURNACY Seal – Future Proof Office
Sustainability is indispensable for companies in order to survive in the market in the long term. An important element here is the design of the office areas. Numerous studies have shown that our office is a strong symbol of a company’s corporate culture. As a symbol it can express company appreciation, promote teamwork, as well as the innovativeness and flexibility of a business. Future-proof office equipment and advanced technologies facilitate the efficiency, curiosity, and experimentation of the workers.
The detailed brochure can be found here
How does the COMFURNACY seal benefit you as a customer, who wants to implement New Work?
- Orientation for New Work Strategists – As a business shaper, it is important to be up to date on the latest trends and developments in the office space. The elements certified by the COMFURNACY seal give you an overview.
- Decision-Making Support – Do you also want to implement new work in your business? The range of office elements, whether furniture or technology, is diverse and the quality is often not very transparent. The COMFURNACY program provides orientation for the best choice of your office equipment.
What benefits does the COMFURNACY seal have for you as a provider of office equipment?
- Visibility – The independent seal guarantees your visibility to key decision makers in companies as a viable manufacturer.
- Feedback for Improvements – Based on a comprehensive, science-based and hands-on testing of one of your office elements over several months, you will receive feedback to increase the innovativeness and sustainability of your element. And even if you have not received any seal in the first step.
Which contents are evaluated?
The COMFURNACY approach is a company-independent, scientifically sound assessment of office elements. The approach was developed at the TU Darmstadt and deals in particular with seven dimensions:
- To what extent does the element (furniture, technology) meet future requirements for a modern office? (Futurability)
- How useful is the element? (Functionality/Usability)
- How novel and original is the element? (Innovativeness)
- Can the element excite office workers? (Customer Excitement)
- To what extent is the sustainability of the product given? (Sustainability)
- To what extent does this element support life balance and recreation of office workers? (Recreation/life balance)
- To what extent can new technologies (such as connectors, networks) be integrated with this element? (Technology Integration)
What is out evaluation methodology?
The seven dimensions are evaluated from three perspectives: user ratings, self-disclosure by companies and expert ratings.
There are three categories of results:
- GREEN: Good to very good results in all dimensions. Your office element is qualified for the COMFURNACY seal.
- YELLOW: Medium results. Some dimensions need inprovement.
- RED: Strong deficits in several dimensions.
After six months of testing, companies receive a free short report. Sealable companies receive the COMFURNACY seal and can use this promotionally.
What exactly does the evaluation process look like?
- Selection: You select an item or technology that you want to rate. Please focus on newly developed elements. These should be elements that highlight the specificity and innovativeness of your business.
- Suggestion: You propose the item to us for evaluation by submitting pictures and descriptions. Please also let us know if it is a prototype or an introduced to the market element. Basically, we rate both.
- Pre-qualification by leap in time:
The element is pre-evaluated by a committee, consisting of scientists and experts. Within four weeks, we will give you feedback on whether we consider your element for a comprehensive assessment process. Please note that this is a preliminary stage of a possible rating.
- Delivery: You deliver the item for evaluation for six months. It will be integrated into the leap in time Lab and will of course remain your property.
- Evaluation: We will send you an electronic company questionnaire, which you should answer within eight weeks (completion time approx. 15 minutes). We conduct user studies on the above criteria with your item.
- Feedback: You will receive a free summary report with your evaluation results and suggestions for improvement. In case of a positive rating (category green), a Comfurnacy Seal will be issued. This can be used for promotional purposes.
Have we piqued your interest? Please write us directly at: email@example.com